Monday, February 18, 2008

before you vote 2008

Look although it seems like George W. Bush cannot make things worse than he already has I am afraid that Americans can. If we elect a Republican as the next president. I have not heard anything that indicates they will do anything different from George Bush if they become President. They all say that they will keep our troops in Iraq as long as it takes to win the war without understanding that there are no winners in a war Now as far as the Democratic candidates they both have very similar platforms. So if you want change and don't know who to vote for I suggest you vote for Hillary Clinton, some reasons I say this are that
1. if Obama were to become the Democratic candidate there is still a lot of racism here in America and many people will not vote for him just because he is black
2. Obama says he has opposed the Iraq war from the beginning. Although that may be correct where was he back then did he have any pressure for him to support it, and ever since he has voted almost exactly as has Clinton has on issues concerning the war. It also astounds me that his biggest advantage over Hillary is his lack of a political record (hard to understand). Now I don't know who is going to be the presidential candidates but I would like to ask a question I have not heard addressed. With everyone seemingly worried about winning or ending the war no one is saying what we are going to do with all of the Veterans coming home with a disability of some kind. I cannot complain about the benefits provided by the V.A (Department of Veterans Affairs) but they should be better especially for those that become disabled in combat.
Thank you, Lenin Patino
LeninPatino.com

No comments: